Link Love : April

0 comments
 

Laura Gibson - Empire Builder


♥ Saveur's Spring Produce Guide is a good resource for seasonal eating, with buying/storing/prepping tips and recipes for everything from artichokes to rhubarb.

♥ A lovely interview with Susannah Conway, a long-time blog favorite of mine, covering everything from her unique approach to business to her creative process. 

♥ I was excited to learn that On Being podcast host Krista Tippett released a book this month, Becoming Wise: An Inquiry into the Mystery and Art of Living. It was immediately added to my library hold list.

♥ Is Instagram and the quest for the perfect travel photo taking away from our ability to be present while on vacation? I think about this a lot, both as a photography lover and someone who values being in the moment, especially in new places. 

♥ On the other hand: I do love this vacation video montage created with the app 1 Second Everyday, and I think it would make a great keepsake to look back on years later. 

♥ Forbes is launching a series of podcasts aimed at entrepreneurial millennial women. I like the concept of "Uncommon Ground," "The Limit Does Not Exist," and "And/And" (though I admit I have yet to listen to any).

♥ 10 famous authors on the importance of keeping a journal.

♥ I've mentioned before that Evernote is an app that overwhelms me, so I enjoyed a peek at how Caylee Gray makes Evernote work for her creative process

♥ Tumeric milk seems to be having a moment in the healthy living world, and this combo of cold brew coffee with spiced milk sounds pretty intriguing! (My attempts at avoiding coffee are going v well, clearly.)

♥ In music: Besides Laura Gibson (above), I've also been listening to new albums from The Lumineers (Cleopatra) and Birdy (Beautiful Lies), and these singles: Forest Fires by Axel Flovent, Elephant by Hannah Georgas, and Brother by Mighty Oaks (love the PNW vibes in the video and shots of Mt. Hood and the Gorge!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment